Keep Your Dog Cool And Comfortable During The Summer Months
It’s summertime and the weather is perfect for long walks with your dog. But it can also get extremely hot, especially during July and August. For us, it’s easy to deal with the excess heat by simply turning up the air-conditioning and wearing cool summer clothing.
But keeping your dog cool during the summer months requires a little more effort. Every dog has a different level of heat tolerance depending on their breed, age, activity level and personal preferences.
The key to keeping your dog cool and happy this summer is:
- By first finding out whether your dog enjoys the heat
- Ensuring that your dog is comfortable at the temperatures he/she is exposed to, especially during the day
Helpful Tips On How To Keep Your Dog Cool During Summer
- Take your dog out for some fresh air and exercise early in the morning or later in the evenings – during the cooler parts of the day.
- Although your dog should always have enough water to drink, it’s critical to ensure they are properly hydrated during the hot summer months. Also, watch for signs of dehydration such as excessive panting, bloodshot eyes and lethargy.
- Find creative ways to keep your dog cool. On especially hot days, take your dog for a swim instead of a walk. Dogs cool from the bottom up, so when spraying your dog with water, make sure you wet their stomach and paws too.
For more helpful tips and easy ways to keep your dog cool and comfortable this summer, contact Alpha Paws today at 905-830-9500 or 1-647-694-4584!